So when did it become May? Wasn’t it just like March a few days ago? I don’t know about you, but time has been passing by super quickly!
Here are a few things that I was able to get done this month:
- Buy all of the things! It is sad but true. Thanks to all of the lovely people in my life, I received some Amazon gift cards. With this I was able to start buying some of my main items for up coming costumes as well as some much needed supplies. That being said, I still need to buy more. Ugh
- Wig extensions came off of back order. I am sure there are a few of you out there that were on that Arda backorder list for forever. I had to buy from them since they carry the matching color to my base. It came to the point that I actually forgot I purchased something. Until….ding! The postman came with my package. Whoo! Now to sew a million wefts into the wig.
- Helmets galore. If my wig isn’t hogging all of the space on my desk then it is the three gigantic helmets that I am making for my sister and I’s Marvin costumes. These things are huge! But I made a major step to in the direction of finishing them. They are all primed and ready to attach the bristles on the top. How am I going to do that? I’ll let you know next month. 😉
I have a lot to accomplish this upcoming month. Here is what I hope to pull together:
- 100% complete helmets. I would like to have everything finished for the helmets that way I can focus on the the rest of the costumer pieces like the hands and shoes.
- Complete renaissance faire outfit. Late June, I am performing at a local renaissance faire. The show involves me in a mud pit most of the day. Although I am looking forward to it, I don’t want to ruin my nice outfits. I am making a “second class” outfit for the faire that I don’t mind getting dirty.
- Finish styling Giselle wig. I would love to have my workspace free of all the hair wefts that I have for this wig. I am determined to have this finished by the end of next week.
- Plan Tony Viewing Party. This is one big thing that I want to accomplish well this month. My local theater is hosing a viewing party for the Tony Awards and I agreed to help them plan the event. I have never done this before so I am learning as I go. There is much more to planning an event than I ever thought possible.
As you can see it is going to be a busy month for me, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. What your goals this month?